Tyrants Club

Please check the stickies. Forum participation encouraged.

HomeRegisterLog in

Austrian Chocolate Mousse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MsButterworth
Officer

Austrian Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: Austrian Chocolate Mousse   Austrian Chocolate Mousse Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:39 pm

To celebrate making level 15, I am providing dessert! This is a chocolate mousse recipe from a 5 star chef in Salzburg. I talked him into giving me his recipe.

(Serves 60 – so you might have to cut down the recipe)

Ingredients
20 oz. dark chocolate
20 oz white chocolate
40 large egg yolks
10 egg whites
1.5 cups granulated sugar
1 quart heavy whipping cream

Cooking Steps
1. Chop dark chocolate into small, even sized pieces and place in a stainless steel bowl.
2. Chop white chocolate and place on top of dark.
3. Set the bowl over a double boiler and carefully and gently melt the chocolate. Turn off heat as soon as chocolate is melted.
4. Place egg yolks in mixing bowl and add 1 cup sugar to it. Mix at high speed until egg are well thickened.
5. Quickly and carefully mix in the egg yolks into the melted chocolate with a plastic spatula.
6. Add ¼ cup sugar to cream and whip until soft peaks form.
7. Carefully mix the whip cream into the egg yolk/chocolate mixture. Do not overmix!
8. Add ¼ cup sugar to egg whites. Mix until soft peaks form and very lightly fold the egg whites into the mousse.
9. Refridgerate 3-5 hours before serving.

Austrian Chocolate Mousse BeforeYosemiteHotel009

Last edited by MsButterworth on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DesLig
Officer
DesLig

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Chocolate Mousse   Austrian Chocolate Mousse Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 pm

You should post a picture of the dessert.
Back to top Go down
Agroagro
Admin
Agroagro

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Chocolate Mousse   Austrian Chocolate Mousse Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:58 pm

DesLig wrote:
You should post a picture of the dessert.
agreed

but the portions seems about right 60 servings and theres 50 of us im sure a couple guys would go back for seconds.
Back to top Go down
MsButterworth
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Chocolate Mousse   Austrian Chocolate Mousse Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Finally made the mousse so I could take a picture. I tried to make 1 serving fancy enough to put into the forum. Although for myself, I usually just need the trough.

Austrian Chocolate Mousse BeforeYosemiteHotel015
Back to top Go down
MsButterworth
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Chocolate Mousse   Austrian Chocolate Mousse Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Ok, I think I fixed the ability for everyone to see pictures in this section. If there are any problems, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Chocolate Mousse   Austrian Chocolate Mousse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tyrants Club :: Recipes-
Jump to: